CITY OF VANCOUVER
Sound Diplomacy is the global expert in developing long term and self sufficient music strategies. We have worked in over 40 countries and with over 100 clients, spanning public, private and third sectors, such as the Greater London Authority, City of Cardiff, Ville de Lausanne, City of Brisbane and UNIDO. We were proud to work with the City of Vancouver, Music BC, CreativeBC, FACTOR and our partners Secret Study to develop a music strategy for the city.
The aim was to develop policies that treat music as infrastructure and deliver a healthy music ecosystem, which in turn create vibrant, exciting communities, build an international profile and increase the value of music in the city.
We developed a Music Ecosystem Assessment and Strategy for the City of Vancouver between November 2017 and June 2018.
We consulted 120 stakeholders in person, and 862 respondents engaged via an online survey.
What we did:
- We conducted two field visits to Vancouver, where we organised 18 roundtables and more than 20 meetings with agents across the spectrum of the city’s music ecosystem. Overall, we met more than 120 people.
- We have completed a survey that has collated 862 responses from Vancouver-based musicians, music industry professionals and music fans.
- We mapped the Vancouver music ecosystem, including all music assets.
- We developed an economic impact analysis of the music sector in the City.
- Finally, we analysed the results of all the items below and designed a strategy that will help Vancouver become a music-friendly city, taking into account all aspects of the city's music ecosystem.
Comparative Analysis & Benchmarking
Data Research/Online Analysis
Case Studies/Expert Interviews/Survey
Key Findings Assessment
Complete Data Analysis
Develop Strategic Plan
Project Lead, Azucena Micó - email@example.com