Music Strategy – City of Cardiff
Synopsis of the project
Sound Diplomacy is the global expert in developing long term and self sufficient music strategies. We have worked in over 40 countries and with over 100 clients, spanning public, private and third sectors, such as the Greater London Authority, City of Vancouver and UNIDO. We are proud to be working with Cardiff Council to develop a music strategy for the city.
The aim is to develop policies that treat music as infrastructure and deliver a healthy music ecosystem, which in turn create vibrant, exciting communities, build an international profile and increase the value of music in the city.
This website will be updated regularly, with reports on what has been done, what is planned, key dates, and an opportunity for you to comment on the process. Email email@example.com with the Subject line 'SUBSCRIBE CARDIFF' to get updates straight to your inbox, and to get an alert when new pieces of research or participatory surveys are published online.
SOUND DIPLOMACY SURVEY ANALYSIS
Thanks a lot for the great participation in the survey. We are currently working on the analysis of it and will include the findings in the final strategy.
ECONOMIC IMPACT ANALYSIS
We are currently working on the economic impact analysis. It will be included in the overall strategic plan.
We are currently mapping Cardiff's music ecosystem, to be included in the final strategy.
FINAL MUSIC STRATEGY
The final music strategy will be released towards the end of the year.
In the last few months:
• We have spoken to over 100 people in roundtable sessions, 1-on-1 interviews and phone calls. We also held an open meeting at the Old Library on 26 March that was very well attended.
• We have conducted 10 roundtables during two study visits to Cardiff in February and March regarding the following topics:
- Students/Young professionals
- Music Industry
- Music Education
- Classical Sector
• We have written a Music Vision with the Council.
• We wrote and published the music ecosystem survey.